A modern, flexible way to learn.
If you’d like to gain a recognised Baby Massage Instructor Qualification but need to learn in a flexible way that works around your family, existing job and other commitments, then you’re in the right place.
Whether you’re exploring new, family-friendly ways of working or you’re an existing pre/postnatal specialist who’d like to extend your service menu to create an additional stream of income, this could be the solution for you.
Baby massage allows for a unique working environment and a chance to nurture, support and positively impact new parents and babies. The Urban Kneads™ Diploma in Teaching Baby Massage will show you how to create this whilst allowing you to learn at a time that is convenient for you.
After passing the diploma course you will hold a recognised qualification allowing you to deliver, safe, effective and fun baby massage classes.
You will achieve this through getting:
- A solid understanding of babies’ anatomy and physiology and the profound effect of massage and positive touch
- A good understanding of baby development and reflexes as well as many of the common issues affecting young babies and new mums (and how to deal with these in your classes)
- A number of strokes and massage routines to confidently deliver a 6 week baby massage course along with the understanding to adapt routines for babies with special needs
- The knowledge to offer specific strokes to help colicky babies
- The ability to identify contraindications to massage and offer appropriate advice
- Skills to work effectively with groups of new mums and babies
You will also get:
- Marketing advice on how to set up your own successful classes and how to repackage your knowledge to maximise your offerings
- Support on the legalities of setting up a business (including licensing, insurance and data compliance) and registering as self-employed
How the Course Works:
The in-person diploma course has been reformatted to take advantage of fantastic, new (and easy to use!) technology as a flexible, online version designed to fit around your childcare, business, time, budget and energy limitations.
The course takes about 20 hours to complete and is delivered entirely online through audios, PDF documents and videos. You have access to the first module as soon as you sign up and then subsequent modules are released weekly to avoid overwhelm.
Once the coursework is completed there are a number of assessments to pass (in the form of an open-book multiple choice paper, essay questions and practical case studies) to gain your qualification. These normally take around 4 months to complete and submit however the entire course can be completed at your own pace within a maximum 12 month period. The marketing section of the course will detail ways to find local mums and babies for your case studies.
Insurance to practice is through Westminster Insurance.
(Insurance is also available through Holistic Insurance Services upon completion of an additional in-person practical training session. Please enquire if this is of interest to you.)
The modules are:
Unit 1 Introduction to Baby Massage
Why babies need touch
The history of baby massage
Benefits of baby massage for babies
Benefits of baby massage for parents
Unit 2a Anatomy & Physiology
The skeletal system
The muscular system
The respiratory system
The circulatory system
The lymphatic system
The urinary system
Unit 2b Anatomy & Physiology
The digestive system
The nervous system
Development from birth – 18 months
Understanding new babies and new mums
Unit 3 Baby Massage Routine
Preparing for massage
Stokes for legs and bottom
Stokes for the chest
Strokes for the tummy including colic routine
Stokes for the face
Strokes for the arms
Strokes for the back
Unit 4 Best Practice & Class Management
Legislation and best practice
Unit 5 Logistics of Running a Baby Biz
As soon as you sign up you have access to the first module so you can get started straight away.
PAY IN FULL - SUMMER SPECIAL OFFER
£249 includes 2x 30 minute free phone or Skype consultation/business mentoring sessions*
* Consultation sessions can be used to check in on massage stroke/technique or for business strategy and advice or a combination of both. Sessions must be used within a 6 month period of course enrolment.
PAYMENT PLAN OPTION
3 payments of £99
Start today for £99 and then make a further 2 payments of £99 paid monthly.